The Passionate Pilgrim

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stormy Weather



Fay never did become a hurricane and didn't blow that strongly, but she still made her presence felt. We cancelled school for the afternoon and evening and had no school today, as well. It rained very heavily in the middle of the night, but it never really did much during the day. We could have had school; however, I don't make those decisions. I went down to the Hollywood Beach. The waves were incredible. The wind was blowing from the south and quite strong. The worst part, though, was that the wind was whipping the sand through the air, and that hurt. Surprisingly, there weren't many other people on the beach and no surfers when I was there.






northern leaves turn red
southern winds strip the beaches
ocean waves churn white

seabird braves the storm
harsh nature pounds wind and sea
tiny wings beat strong

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the pics....and I heard hiaku is making a comeback!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Beautiful.

(I'm so behind... catching up on my P.E. reading tonight!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home