The Passionate Pilgrim

Monday, July 07, 2008

Buffalo Strives to Rise Again

I still plan on moving back to my hometown when I retire (assuming I make it that far). Though I've been away for 32 years, I've never stopped caring about Buffalo and its people. This video, which I found through a link on the Buffalo Rising website, might give you some idea of the people who live there.



Interestingly, this video came from the Al Jazeera website. As with any issue, there is the view of the politicians, and there is the view of the people. I love the guy who talks about the boom the mayor likes to refer to. The boom didn't seem to spread to him. His optimism and zest for life, as well as his never-say-die spirit, which has always been a major characteristic of people from Buffalo, are amazing. However, without help, no amount of local optimism can overcome the poverty and urban blight. Hillary may have understood that. I wonder if Obama and McCain do?

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

they say the grass is always greener....except in buffalo its white...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home