The Passionate Pilgrim

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whew!

After logging in more than 3600 miles on my trusty Ford Escape, I am now home. My wanderlust may finally be sated for a while. Chicago was fun as I got to spend time with my daughter. Driving (actually, parking) really sucks. I generally had to park 10 or more blocks away from her apartment as there was only permit parking in that neighborhood. She lives in Wrigleyville, which means there are even more restrictions on street parking. It is generally fairly easy to get around the city taking the subway and the buses. There is still some walking involved, though. It's easier if you are younger.

We went to see The Dark Knight. If you are one of the people who hasn't seen it yet, run to the theater. Heath Ledger as The Joker is incredible. He makes Iago look like a choirboy. It will be hard for any actor to play a villain again given his performance. Everyone was excellent in this movie. I would readily watch it again. The City of Chicago starred as Gotham City, which made it even more special for the Chicago audience.

The time for merriment is almost over as school beckons. This was an incredible summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home