The Passionate Pilgrim

Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank you, Ric

Last night and tonight saw the end of an era in professional wrestling. Last night, at Wrestlemania, Ric Flair lost in a retirement match to Shawn Michaels. It was an excellent match and a fitting end to a great career. I was glad my son and I were able to be there in Orlando for it. I've mentioned before my son's love (and mine) for Ric Flair, who always gave a great show, for 60 minutes every night. Many nights we sat (actually, stood) in the old Hollywood Sportatorium or the Sunrise Musical Theater and watched The Nature Boy spin his magic and do what he did best: entertain the crowds with every ounce of his energy. The tribute to him tonight on WWE Raw was fitting for a man who gave so much to the great sport (yes, it is a sport--try it for even a couple of minutes if you don't believe it) of professional wrestling.

I was sad to see it end, but the passage of time respects no one. However, his legend will endure.

Wooooooooooo!

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Oh my. I have to give the link to this post to my friend, Sheryl.

Here is her most recent post:
http://sherylhs.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/woooooooooooooooooooooooo/

Oh, all you nutty WWE fans. ;]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home